If you are reading this, that means I have finally accomplished a bucket list item (Woo! Go me!) I have started a travel blog; not just any travel blog, but one that comes from a historical perspective. I’ve been wanting to start a travel blog for a couple of years now, but I haven’t until now for a few reasons:
- College Consumes You
- Definitely the biggest reason I didn’t start a blog until now. Also, the biggest reason I didn’t travel nearly as much as I wanted to. Well, that is all behind me now. After graduating in the Spring of 2016 with a Bachelor’s degree in History, I have all the time in the world. Seriously- I don’t know what to do with all of this free time. It got to the point where I was reading old textbooks for fun. I knew something had to change.
- Nothing Interesting to Say?
- With as many travel blogs as there are in the world, I thought I didn’t have anything unique/interesting to say. After my most recent trip, I realized I have seen some really cool stuff, stuff I want to share with the world. Stuff people may be interested in.
- Living in the Middle of Nowhere = No Internet Access
- This one may have been the most painful reason. Since graduating, I have moved back home with my parents to save money for my future trip to Japan and wherever I am moving to after. My parents are not big fans of technology, mostly because they don’t know how to use it. Because of this, the only access I have to the internet is through my phone. It wouldn’t be terrible if the signal was better than 3G. I have overcome this by making the local library my hangout spot.
Why I am starting now:
- A Combination of My Favorite Things
- Travel blogging combines my love for travel, photography, history, and writing. What is even better, it gives me a platform to share what I love with the world. Since I am going to be doing all of the above anyway, might as well be efficient and combine them into one.
- Holds Me Accountable
- I don’t want my adventures to be a one-time thing, something I soon forget. A travel blog is a way to motivate me into following through with my plans, even when it may get frustrating. We all need that extra push sometimes.
- Now is the Perfect Time
- I am currently in the drawing board phase of planning a trip to Japan. All I know so far is the general time I want to leave and where I want to go. Since it is so early in the planning phase, I can blog each step of the way. This trip is going to be unique for me in many ways and I am excited for what the future brings.
Thank you for reading and welcome to Pepper’s Passport Travels!